August 5, 2011

I'm Addicted to this Spicy Pasta Salad!


I was going to include this as part of my vacation wrap up post, but this is too darn good, it deserves it's own post. As soon as I saw this Spicy Pasta Salad with Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes, & Basil posted on The Pioneer Woman's website I knew I had to make it, and I finally found the time at the lake. It was so good I made it twice within a week. After we got home from the lake we went to Monmouth Park Race Track (horses for those of you who aren't from Jersey) with some friends so I made it again. I enjoyed sneaking in bites of gouda while I was making it, sneaking in bites of the finished product before serving it, and both groups really enjoyed the pasta salad. The only downside was I had to share it with other people.

The only changes I made were that the first time I used Spinach leaves because at the last minute I realized I didn't have basil leaves, it was a good substitute but the version with basil was definitely the perfect combination.  The second time I added extra chipotle, because I love chipotle and can't get enough of it in my life. I was happy I added the extra, but it's excellent both ways.

Please go to the store and get the ingredients you need and make this now. Words can't describe how much I enjoyed it, I'll be making it again soon, I'm addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...