August 19, 2011

Balsamic Four Onion and Portobello Mushroom Turkey Burgers


A couple of weekends ago, we were driving home from a friends wedding in Ithaca and we stopped at Caravia in Clarks Summit, PA. In addition to having once of the best chicken cutlet sandwiches I've ever had in my life, we picked up some delicious spreads, sauces, & jams. One thing I picked up was a jar of this Balsamic Four Onion spread and I decided to use it to make turkey burgers. When I told my husband I was making turkey burgers, you should have seen the skepticism on his face. What, burgers without beef? Let's just say he was pleasantly surprised and requested they become a part of our regular rotation. I have proof below, this is him devouring his second burger.



We had several leftover and an English muffin worked great in lieu of the burger bun.

Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 cup balsamic four onion spread
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried sage
4 sliced portobello mushrooms
hamburger buns or english muffins
sliced cheese (I used Muenster)

Directions
Preheat grill pan to medium high heat and mist or brush with olive oil.

Season portobello mushrooms with salt and pepper and place on grill.

Combine ground turkey, four onion spread, salt, pepper, and dried sage. Form into patties, sizing to your preferences.  Place on grill along with mushrooms.

Cook turkey burgers about 5 minutes on each side (depending on size), or until cooked through. Once turkey burgers are cooked remove burgers and mushrooms from grill. Toast buns or English muffins on the grill for about 2 minutes to toast.

Assemble burgers by placing cheese & grilled mushrooms on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...